Wednesday, April 02, 2008

I noticed a pomegranate tree at the entrance of our apartment building today. I have gone by it probably 160 times on the way in and out of our home. Every day I go by it, but today was the first day I noticed it. I continue to be amazed how when we are in a routine, all the unnecessary is blocked out. I like it when the 'unnecessary stuff filter' gets switched off and I get to see everything as if for the first time. When I looked, I saw ...pomegranate, papaya, banana and mango. Wow!

Speaking of which, my favourite fruit is in season! I usually visit the local fruit market a few times a week, and each time I think that mangoes can't get any cheaper, they drop in price again! We have eaten so many mangoes in the last few weeks, that I'm considering giving up mango as my fave. (It doesn't help one of the last things I ate before I was really sick last week was mango with sticky coconut rice...)

No comments:

Post a Comment