Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Mack Trucks, Music and Power Tools

Do you ever have the feeling that you are about to be hit by a Mack truck? In a good way? Well, it happened to me on Sunday. I took my mom to the Winspear for a concert featuring the world premiere of The Power Tool Concerto in an inaugural concert by EsQuire men's choir. I was intrigued and enticed by the title, I mean, who hasn't hummed harmony along with the drone of the vacuum cleaner, or imitated the sound of a drill. (Okay, maybe I'm the only one...and maybe that's the reason they only had the main floor open for seating in the concert hall.) Little did I know that we were going to experience Bach's Tocatta and Fugue* on the amazing pipe organ (without hammer and drills). I knew the huge chords were coming as soon as they started playin, I soaked it all in, and it left me with goosebumps. Wow I can't imagine having that much power at my fingertips. It reminded me why I love music.

*If you don't know this piece, here is a neat youtube rendition.

1 comment:

  1. You ht by a Mack Truck and you injured. What you thing if someone hit by a digger derrick trucks during visiting construction site.

    ReplyDelete