Monday, April 14, 2008

Tea Country

We certainly are enjoying the refreshing weather here. It is the first time in many months that we have worn our jackets and I have been putting on layers of clothing to stay warm. I especially enjoy the masala tea, or chai to warm my hands on while I'm drinking. We are hoping for a clear day so we can catch a glimpse of the Himalayas (this may be the closest I get to the top of Everest)!
Steve has been affected with intestinal issues, so we have been taking it pretty easy, not venturing too far from toilets. He has started the antibiotics, so should be on the road to recovery soon.
On another note, we have discovered the infamous Indian head wobble. I equate it to our head movement that signifies 'so-so' or 'average'. Here, it is a common response for what I consider to be a yes or no question, so we are never quite sure if the wobbler understands the question, and if they are committing to an action. For example, we asked for additional bedding last night at the reception desk. Wobble, wobble, wobble. So we went to the room and waited for a while. Eventually, I asked someone else and the bedding quickly arrived.

1 comment:

  1. When you google "infamous Indian head wobble" you're number two!!! Ahead of wikipedia even - but you're not alone in blogging about the head wobble. Obviously strikes many a visitor as worth commenting on.

    Shoni and Nathan

    ReplyDelete