Friday, March 28, 2008

It's so hot here...

I remember the days when we used to joke about how cold it was...
It was so cold that I chipped a tooth on my soup! or
It was so cold that we didn't clean the house, we just defrosted it.

I have been told that we are at the beginning of the 'hot season'. I have trouble distinguishing the differences, it seems like there is hot, hotter, and hotter with humidity in Bangkok and now I understand that when we first arrived it was the perfect time to get adjusted, as it was just hot.

In this new season, it is so hot that the farmers are feeding chickens crushed ice to stop them from laying hard-boiled eggs. Okay, not really...BUT there are some really neat things that I have seen in this weather.

Dairy Queen packs their ice cream cakes in boxes that have dry ice in the corners. Very cool.
All vehicles have AC, not heat. (except cheap transit buses).
Some fans spray a fine mist in addition to blowing air, for a cooling effect. I have only seen this at fancy outdoor cafes and at the taxi queue at the airport.
At some restaurants the servers have greeted us with frozen wet towels. Soooo refreshing for a quick face and neck wipe.

As we may have mentioned, we fly to India on April 10th. April and May are the hottest months, and we are bracing ourselves for temperatures up to 45 degrees Celcius. Yikes.

No comments:

Post a Comment